I want to teach you the top five rules for flirting and how to unleash your inner prince charming. So, flirting is an art. It requires finesse, wit, confidence and a dash of charm. Sounds like a complicated recipe with expensive ingredients, right? Well that depends on your mindset. If you know how you can get in the right mood, you will be able to approach any woman without being clumsy or sounding creepy. I know that for many guys out there flirting seems more or less like an impossible task but it shouldn’t feel like that once you the hang of it you will see it’s actually really fun and can be pretty playful.
Since I know that advice like getting into the right mindset or once you learn it will be easy don’t actually provide valuable information for those of you actually looking to learn and the rest of this article we are going to give five rules for flirting. We’ve also added some practical tips and tricks so that you can work on your own charm.
Each of these rules can be applied separately or together nut we recommend starting with the ones with which that you feel most comfortable. If you are shy start by building up your confidence which is rule number one and then work from there
5. Be confident. I am sure you have already grown tired of hearing this tip over and over again but really confidence is key. It’s bot just a catchphrase and even though it sounds like a cliché it’s very true. Let’s think about the last time you tried to playfully approach a lovely lady. Ws it hi babe, you are hot, want to have some drinks later or was it hey um I’m Brian and I was wondering if you know where the washroom is? Well none of these situations above made you look like a confident sensible man.
The first you came off as a jerk and she probably left horrified and indignant and in the second case you probably came off as insecure and foolish guy. In the second case she may have thought that you were cute and sweet, but this didn’t do any good. It is well known fact that women are attracted by confidence and it’s not something that you can explain, and, in some cases, women are even attracted by arrogance, but you need to know how you can apply it.
So, what exactly is it that makes you look confident when you are flirting? Well here are a few pointers a woman will follow. First, it’s about eye contact. When you talk to a woman you are interested in, it’s important to look her in the eyes, of course don’t stare or be creepy. You need to be natural about it. Imagine that you are talking to your best friend and you are trying to prove a point. This will make you seem confident and detached.
The next step in building your confidence is smiling. You know that you have a beautiful smile so, why not use it to show her that you are comfortable when you are talking to her. But make sure to smile with your entire face. If your eyes don’t participate in the smile, you will look like you are holding back, and this does not inspire, or show thrust or confidence.
Finally, the third step after eye contact and is the conversation itself. So, here is where it matters, the tone of voice, body language and the actual topics you talk about. So, the tone of should be calm and confident. If your voice is trembling or you are talking a very high-pitched tone, you are probably not confident.
4. Open body language. When you start talking, don’t cross your arms and keep them in your pocket. You should keep your shoulder and your back straight also don’t get too close. Personal space is very important, and you should only get closer if she allows you.
The topics that you guys should be talking about should be interesting for both of you. Don’t start talking about how cool and adventurous your life is. Also, don’t let her do all the talking. She will get bored really quick unless she is pretty needy. To sum it up if you keep eye contact, smile confidently and manage to offer her a wonderful first conversation, you are on a great track.
I know these are not easy to achieve all three of them but everything can be learned with practice. You can ask a female friend to help you out in practice or you can practice in a mirror which is a great idea too so, you can see how you smile and talk.
You can also practice with women you find less intimidating at first to build up your confidence with a few wins.
3. Push-pull technique. Women like a challenge, so if you immediately declare your admiration and undying love, they are going to get bored really quickly. The push-pull allows you to keep the game interesting and light. It also opens a chance for playful teasing and keeps her on toes. Furthermore, the cool things about the push-pull technique is that you can apply it to any type of flirting whether that’s texting, chatting online or even in person. The idea is to give her a little bit and then also take a little bit back. It’s like a dance where you take two steps forward and then one step back.
For instance, you could say to her you are so great, you remind me of my aunt Gina. The first part of the sentence makes her feel cool because you think she is great but the second one will throw her off. What do you mean I remind you of your aunt? Another way to apply this technique is to say something like you are really cute but too bad I don’t allow myself to date brunettes. You are showing interest, but you are also pulling away in a really playful manner.
Time restrictions also work really well when you are looking to keep things interesting so, you could go up to it for a little bit talk for a little bit. Maybe even ask her for a number and then say hey it was nice talking to you, but I have to go back to my friends. This way you show you are not so impressed by her that you want to spend the whole evening together.
Finally, if you are pursuing her by text or maybe online chatting make sure you are not always available and keep some of the conversation short. It shows interest, but it also lets her know that she has to do some of the work to get you to ask her out.
2. Compliment her differently. Compliments are nice, but every beautiful woman knows that she’s beautiful after all she hears it from guys all the time even guys that she considers boring. The same goes for a smart and successful woman complimenting her on something that is obvious will not get you points remember that to stand out from the crowd and show that you are a good listener or observer try to compliment her on things that maybe someone else has never noticed like she’s really clever or that her eyes matches her dress if you know her and it fits say who admire her determination to become a successful woman or admire her taste in food and choosing a restaurant it’s the tiny things that most men don’t think about or that matter that actually make girl special.
1. Subtle touches. Touching is one of the most important top five rules to flirting but it’s also one of the least understood. Through touch you show interest and it’s more conclusive than eye contact or even conversation. However, you must know when to do it how to do it and how much to do it so how to you touch her? I will start with this because this is where most men seem to screw things up. Don’t give her hug five minutes after you met even if it’s just one arm or a side hug. Women are very particular about who they allowed to touch them. I mean guys are too so, keep it brief and short. It’s okay to playfully touch your hand with your pinky or index finger while you are talking. The upper arm and shoulder are also a good area to establish contact but again make it short and sweet.
As you get more accustomed to each other you may test getting closer to her. Move your chair towards her or simply slide closer but watch her reaction. If she starts pulling back, you need to stop and change the approach. Keep it light and playful. I cannot stress this enough. This is what makes flirting fun.
The flirt is a game where you show that you are interested and test if she is also interested. It doesn’t mean anything more than that and it doesn’t have to lead to a serious relationship. So, make sure to keep it calm and fun. You will have the time to decide if you truly want something more but for the present moment keep it light and enjoy her presence. Also make sure that she enjoys yours as well.
I believe it’s really important to understand that these top five rules of flirting are not a guarantee to success. They will improve your rate of success if you understand them well. But, they are still times when you will have to deal with rejection. Rejection is a part of life and it happens even to the best of us. So, don’t be too upset.
If it was something you dis wrong, learn from your mistakes and move on. If it’s maybe a lack of chemistry you don’t want that in your life anyways the idea is to work on yourself getting better, being confident, social and continue getting out there.